1. The products you need
For clean a dishwasher and it looks like new, you do not need to spend a fortune on specific household products: you can completely rely on allies both ecological and economic that you already certainly have in your cupboards that go allow you to get a facelift in your dishwasher without breaking the bank. For example:
- citric acid, to reduce the appearance of rust and remove tartar;
- white vinegar, to disinfect and make it shine;
- Marseille soap, for its refreshing smell and its anti-bacterial properties;
- baking soda, to gently scour and bring whiteness.
2. Disassemble the appliance to wash it better
For clean a dishwasher in order for it to function optimally, do not hesitate to disassemble it to clean the parts most prone to contamination individually. Do not panic, here it is not a question of dissecting the dishwasher entirely, but simply of removing the moving parts of the latter to better disinfect them.
To do this, remove the cutlery tray and all other moving elements to eliminate bacteria, detritus or deposits of tartar in every corner. For optimal cleaning:
- Soak the dishwasher accessories in a mixture of hot water and white vinegar;
- Leave the mixture to act for around thirty minutes;
- Rinse with clear water, dry well;
- Put the items back in the dishwasher.
3. Remove dirt
Make way for the biggest construction site with the cleaning the dishwasher strictly speaking, in other words the main container, but also in forgotten corners like the compartments for capsules or rinsing liquid. For it :
- Equip yourself with a hard brush, bucket and vacuum cleaner if necessary;
- Remove large residues and dust by vacuuming everything;
- Pour a drop of dishwashing liquid - or white vinegar, into the bucket with a large amount of hot water;
- Rub everything before rinsing with clean water using a sponge.
4. Remove bad smells
Because a healthy dishwasher is free from bad odors, remember that for clean a dishwasher in the rules of the art, we must also think of deodorizing it:
- Take a container to pour 6 tablespoons of citric acid;
- Grate a Marseille soap generously and add it to your mixture;
- Pour everything into the dishwasher and program a classic cycle.
- Citric acid and soap will gently dislodge the last bacteria by disinfecting and deodorizing the entire dishwasher for an impeccable result.
5. Restore whiteness in the dishwasher
Because a dishwasher must be as clean from the inside as from the outside, do not hesitate to finish the cleaning your dishwasher by giving a facelift to its facade. This will allow you to remove the yellowish traces that appear over time. To do this :
- Mix 1/4 cup of baking soda and 4 cups of hot water;
- Soak a sponge in the mixture before generously passing it over the yellowed surfaces of the device;
- Let the product act for ten minutes;
- Rinse and dry thoroughly with a clean, dry cloth.